Objective 1 - Growing Prosperity
South Australians want a dynamic economy that is competitive, resilient and diverse. The state's prosperity should benefit all citizens. Our growth will be managed in an environmentally sustainable way. Investors will be drawn to South Australia because of the quality of our workforce, the vitality of our communities, the efficiency of our government, and our reputation for innovation.
Objective 2 - Improving Wellbeing
South Australians should enjoy a good quality of life at every stage of life. Our children should be able to grow up in a safe environment, to acquire knowledge and be equipped to make the right choices. As we mature, we need to stay connected to the community and to the environment, even as our roles change and priorities shift. We need to be in charge of our lives and not unreasonably constrained in our options.
Objective 3 - Attaining Sustainability
South Australians value the natural beauty of our state. We are concerned about the depletion of natural resources and want to minimise the impact of human activity on the environment. Our legacy must be a thriving and well-cared-for environment. The challenge of sustainable development requires the focus, commitment and ingenuity of all South Australians.
Objective 4 - Fostering Creativity and Innovation
South Australia has a reputation for innovation in science and in the arts. We understand that our prosperity depends on the imagination, courage, talent and energy of our citizens. We want to reaffirm South Australia as a place that thrives on creativity, knowledge and imaginative thinking. This capacity to do things differently will determine whether we can achieve all our goals for the state's future.
Objective 5 - Building Communities
- Democratic practices - founded on principles of free expression, equity and tolerance - are the foundation of a well-functioning society and a healthy economy. Our citizens aspire to be well-informed and engaged in decision-making. We value community cohesion and inclusion, but resist insularity. Our regional populations and our migrant communities give us Innovate, are entrepreneurial and adapt to new working methods
- Ensure sustainability and continuous improvement is at the heart of all they do
- Broaden and deepen access to their information and resources
- Perform to the highest levels and champion continuous professional development
- Are engaging and enjoyable places for people to visit and use
Integrate with other forms of culture, the arts, sport and local services to offer essential resources that meet the needs of people, communities and places diversity; they enrich and invigorate the state.