The summer reading club runs from December to February each year.
About Summer Reading Club
- Summer reading helps students return to school in the New Year ready to learn and with greater reading fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension.
- The materials are ready to use and the program is flexible to allow it to be tailored to your library environment and your clients.
- Holiday activities can be incorporated as part of the club at your library.
- Maintain or even increase library use by children and their families over the summer break.
- Create excitement in children about reading for leisure;
- By combining reading and other activities dispel the myth that libraries are boring places and that reading is only ever done alone.
- Provide reading support to families through booklists, and sharing your knowledge and expertise.
For more information on the summer reading club click on the link:
http://www.summerreadingclub.org.au or contact your local library