Public libraries across SA now offer a large collection of downloadable eBooks and Audiobooks including classics, new releases, nonfiction and bestsellers for all ages.
Download wirelessly to your compatible eReader, iPad, smart phone, mp3 player, PC and laptop anytime, 24 hours a day.
Simply browse, check out, download and enjoy!
**** PLEASE NOTE: Kindle eReader & some other eReaders are NOT compatible with this service ****
Want to know why Kindle eReader is not compatible? Click here
Visit our OverDrive eBook & Audiobook catalogue at http://sapln.lib.overdrive.com/
You will need:
- A valid library card (it's quick and easy to join at public libraries across SA)
- Internet access
- A compatible eBook reader, mobile device or computer (click here to see which devices are compatible. Note: Kindle eReader is not compatible)
We recommend you click here to see our brochure to give you an overview of the service and some general device compatibility information.
OverDrive gives you 2 options to access eBooks:
- OverDrive Read - if you prefer to simply open an eBook using an internet browser and start reading. No need to install ‘download software’ or ‘app'
- Install ‘download software’ or app - if you prefer to download an eBook to your device before reading. Additional ‘download software’ or ‘app’ to be installed
OUR TOP TIPS:
1. If you prefer the Install ‘download software’ or app option, you’ll need an ‘Adobe ID’. Visit https://www.adobe.com/account/sign-in.adobedotcom.html
You’ll need an email address and have to register some details and a password
2. If you’re also planning to use your PC/Mac in conjunction with this Install option, then it’s likely you’ll also need to install Adobe Digital Editions software. Visit
www.adobe.com/au/products/digital-editions/download.html …and install this software on PC/Mac before browsing our OverDrive catalogue for the first time
Need help with OverDrive?
Most common issues can be resolved using OverDrive’s help section here.
Using OverDrive Read: OverDrive Read - help guide(1526 kb)
Using eBooks with your PC or Mac (using download software) and how to transfer them to your compatible eReader: eBooks on PC.Mac - help guide(1183 kb)